The debate between creationists and evolutionists has become more intense the last few years where we have seen evil and atheism rampantly on the rise. This is all part of the end times we are living in as Jesus said himself that people will turn away from God in the last days following their own lusts.
I have been pondering about all this lately and then started putting down some evidence that our Earth and universe were uniquely created.
Some facts to consider :
- Humans have 100 trillion cells in their body. If the long tape of coded information in your cells called DNA were uncoiled, connected and stretched out, if would be more or less 7 feet long. This coded information from only one cell, if it were witten in books would fill a library of 4000 books. If all the DNA in your body were placed end to end, it would stretch from here to the moon more than 500 000 times !
- The emergence of life from non living matter has NEVER been observed, so life only comes from another living organism. This is called the law of biogenesis. The theory of evolution conflict with this scientific law when claiming that life comes from nonliving matter through natural processes. I understand that most evolutionists accept biogenesis must have occurred , giving credence to the fact that life must have been created by a devine Creator.
- Micro evolution can be seen among the different species when it comes to variety. Takes dogs for instance, when bred for certain traits, dogs become different and distinctive regarding changes in size, shape and colour to name a few but they are all still part of the dog family. Macro evolution on the other hand happens when there is an upward, beneficial increase in complexity and new abilities from one specie to the other. If possible, macro evolution would require thousands of just right mutations. They are the only known means by which genetic material becomes available for evolution. Rarely if ever is a mutation beneficial to an organism in its natural enviroment. There is no reason to believe that mutations or any natural process could ever produce any new organs, especially those as complex as the eye, ear or brain. If life and matter somehow arose , the probability that mutations and natural selection produced the vast amount of information is essentially zero.
- Mendel’s discovered that genes are merely reshuffled from one generation to another. Different combinations are formed, not different genes. Take above dog family as an example.
- All species are fully developed, not partly developed. They show design ! There are no examples of half developed feathers, eyes, skin, arteries, veins or any vital organs. These organs, body parts etc that are not 100% complete or partially developed are a liability. If a leg of a reptile were to evolve into a wing of a bird, it would become a bad leg long before it became a good wing.
- Speech is uniquely human. Humans have both a prewired brain capable of learning and conveying abstract ideas and the physical anatomy like the mouth, larynx, throat and tongue to produce wide range of sounds. Only few animals can approximate some animal sounds.Apes cannot make clear vowel sounds, the lack a long air column. Even if an ape could evolve all the physical equipment for speech, that equipment would be useless without a “prewired” brain for learning language skills, especially grammar and vocabulary.
- The genetic material that controls the physical processes of life is coded information. From our understanding, codes are produced only by intelligence, not by natural processes or change. The genetic code that controls different systems ,like duplication, were produced simultanously in each living organism by a higher intelligence.
- Metamorphosis of insects – the vast amount of information that directs every stage of a larva’s and adult’s development, must reside in its genetic material at the beginning and this could have been done only by creation.
- According to evolution all planets should spin in the same direction , but Venus, Uranus and Pluto rotates backwards. More than 30 of the known moons in the solar system also orbits backwards and not same direction as its planet.
- The earth is just the right distance from the sun and has just the right size to support life. We all know about earth’s magnetic field, but what many people don’t know is that we would be doomed without it as it protects us from harmful solar radiation.The amount of water on Earth greatly exceeds that known on or within any other planet in the solar system. Liquid water covers 70% of the Earth’s surface.
- Life on earth would have been totally different without the existence of the moon and was therefore created for a reason. The moon’s gravitational pull stabilizes the tilt of the earth, and that produces more moderate climates and seasons. Without the moon the earth would rotate at a faster pace causing much shorter days and higher winds which in turn would cause devastating effects for life on earth. Without the moon there would be almost no tides which also play a vital role for sealife to flourish..
- When Darwin published the Origin of the species in 1859 the “evolutionary tree” had only a few gaps. Believers in this new theory thought that these gaps would be filled as scientific knowledge increased whereas the opposite happened. The more evolutionists learn about life, the greater complexity they find.
- The Vannila orchid grows up on a tree, blooms one morning of the year and can only be pollinated by the small Melipona bee. This bee knows exactly how to pollinate the flower and no other insect have the ability to do that. Interestingly they must have been created at the same time else the Melipona bee and Vannila Orchid would go extinct in one generation.
There are many more facts that indicate that life on earth was magnificently created. Every day that we are alive on this planet is a miracle by itself. There are so many complex systems that need to be kept in place or life as we know it won’t be able to exist. God the Creator, has been and still is in control and I think we need to give him the honour and glory He deserves!